General Luggage Information
- Baggage refers to the clothes and special items belonging to the passengers. There are two types of luggage, registered and unregistered (cabin baggage).
- Your baggage will be transported to its final destination point in accordance with the customs regulations in the country of destination. Please consult your check-in staff to find out whether you can pick up your baggage at the final destination point.
- Always check your baggage for hazardous substances that are not allowed to be transported.
- Please prepare your own baggage or supervise its preparation for your safety. While preparing your baggage, be careful to check all the closed boxes, packages and packing materials. Please do not accept any packages that are given to you in order to pass on to another person.
- Unacceptable items in registered or unregistered baggage may vary according to the countries. Please ask for information about the applications in the countries of arrival and departure while purchasing your airline ticket.
- You can carry your precious items such as jewelry, money, mobile phones, computers, documents, etc. in your cabin baggage.
- If you cannot find your baggage at the airport upon arrival or if you encounter any damage, you can find information about our offered services under our Baggage Delays page.
Which situations will cause your baggage not to be accepted?
- Your baggage will not be accepted under the following conditions:
- If it may cause damage to the aircraft, passengers or other cargo,
- If it is not properly packaged for a smooth and safe transport,
- If it contains items which are prohibited by law or regulations in any of the departing, arriving or transiting states,
- If its dimensions exceed the size limits.
- If the weight of one piece exceeds 32 kg,
- If the baggage contains hazardous substances that are prohibited
Free Baggage Allowance
Our passengers are given a certain baggage allowance to be carried in the cargo area of the aircraft.
General information is given below and your free baggage right can vary according to the flight route. The minimum baggage allowance is stated below. Please check the information on your ticket for valid free baggage rights.
|Domestic Flights||15 kg||10 kg|
|Cyprus Flights||20 kg||10 kg|
Cabin Baggage (Hand Baggage), which is 55x40x23 cm in size and 8 kg in weight, is under the responsibility and supervision of each passenger and carried in the passenger cabin for free of charge.
Personal Items are the goods that the passenger is responsible for and carried in the passenger cabin for free of charge.
The cabin baggage is considered separately from the free baggage allowance.
Cabin Baggage Transportation
|Passenger Type||Number||Maximum Weight||Dimensions|
|Adult Passenger||1||8 kg||55x40x23 cm|
|Infants Passengers (0-2 ages)||1||8 kg||55x40x23 cm|
- Suit covers (114x60x11 cm) is considered as cabin baggage.
- Duty free products are excluded from the implementation of the cabin baggage handling rules.
Regardless of the flight class and card status, the items in the table below are referred to as "personal items" and are carried free of charge on condition that there are only one (1) piece.
- Male / Female handbag
- Small video camera or camera
- Bag type baby stroller
- Tablet, laptop computer
- Umbrella (except those with pointed ends)
Cabin Baggage Rules
- If the dimensions and / or weights of the personal items reach to the cabin baggage limits, they are considered as cabin baggage. If bag-type baby strollers cannot be placed under the seats or in top-shelf cabinets and / or cannot be safely tied to the seat, they will be taken to the Cargo deck without charge.
- Cabin baggage control is carried out during check-in and during the boarding.
- If the cabin baggage exceeds the weight limit, the excess baggage fee (cabin baggage weight-8 kg) will be collected from the passenger and the baggage will be transported in the cargo compartment.
- If the cabin baggage exceeds the limits in size although it is in accordance with the limits in weight; the excess baggage fee is collected from our passenger as much as the weight of the baggage and the baggage is carried in the cargo compartment.
- For our passengers who have completed the online / mobile / kiosk check-in process, Cabin baggage control is carried out during boarding. Our passengers are obliged to present their online / mobile / kiosk check-in documents.
- In the boarding process cabin luggage measurement unit for size checks, digital hand weighing for weight control and / or airport weighing are used. Cabin baggage that is labeled cabin baggage but is deemed unsuitable for weight and size is checked again.
- The non-tagged cabin baggage size and weight control is carried out by the staff in charge. Luggage not fitted with "Cabin Baggage Labels" is considered to have not been checked.
- Inspection of the dangerous goods which can not be transported in the cargo compartment but which can not be carried in the cabin and which can be carried in the cabin about the baggage to be transported in the cargo compartment is labeled. Unsuitable dangerous items transported in cargo compartments are not accepted as registered baggage. In addition, it is absolutely necessary to ask the traveler whether they have travel documents and medicines on board in the cabin.
Carrying Liquids in Cabin Baggage
All the materials such as liquids, gels, aerosols etc. which are carried in the cabin baggage are subject to some restrictions in accordance with the aviation regulations
- Liquids should be transported in the containers of up to 100 ml each.
- These containers must be transported separately in transparent and lockable bags measuring 20x20 cm in size, not exceeding 1 liter.
- Each passenger can carry only 1 bag.
- At the last safety checkpoint, you will be asked to remove the locked bag from your bag and pass it through the x-ray device separately.
- The following items can be carried in the cabin:
- Medicines (Medicines must be in their original packaging, a prescription containing the names of the relevant medicines and the name and surname of the passenger, or a medical report indicating that “these medicines should be used “must also be submitted)
- Baby foods (On the condition that the baby is traveling on the same plane and the amount of baby food must not exceed the required amount for the duration of the journey)
- At the checkpoint, security officers may ask you to document your exceptional circumstance or to taste a medicine/ baby food / liquid.
- All kinds of liquids, including water, syrup, drinks,
- Any make-up material including mascara (except lipsticks in solid form), and creams, lotions, oils (including cosmetic oils), cologne, perfumes,
- All kinds of paste products, including shaving foam, deodorants, tooth paste,
- All the non-solid Foods and jellies, such as jam, honey, yogurt, molasses and tomato paste,
- Contact lens fluids, shampoos, sprays and aerosols, and other substances similar to those listed above.
Liquid Restrictions in Hand Baggage:
- Up to 1-liter volume,
- Lockable and
- Carried in transparent bags,
- Medicine required during the flight (with prescription and original packaging),
- Baby products are exempt from this practice.
Transport of Liquid Items Purchased from Duty-Free Stores
- Liquids from duty-free stores must be transported in closed and specials bags along with their invoices.
- Please do not open the closed bags until the final destination point of your travel. Otherwise, the contents of the bag can be confiscated at the security checkpoints.
- Duty-free products (over 100 ml) you have purchased in advance, if you are in a connecting flight from a European country or USA, cannot be transported as hand luggage even in locked bags.
Rejection of Cabin Luggage Transport
As Turkish Airlines, we reserve the right not to accept a cabin baggage under the following circumstances:
- If there is a possibility of danger to the goods or persons,
- If there is a possibility of damage during transportation,
- If improper packaging has been done,
- If the transport of the contents will constitute a crime in accordance with the laws of the countries in which the airspace is used, in addition to the countries where travel starts and ends,
- If it is not suitable for air transport by weight, size or structure,
- If it can not be placed under armchair or overhead cupboards,
If your cabin baggage is damaged due to the negligence of AnadoluJet, your damages will be covered according to the relevant rules. However, if there is no negligence of AnadoluJet in the incurrence of the damage, the responsibility of the damage belongs only to our passengers.
Excess Baggage and Sport Equipment
The allowance for carriage of Excess Baggage & Sport Equipment can be purchased from the AnadoluJet website or mobile application without going to the sales offices or the airport. You can access the excess baggage rules by clicking here.
In our flights, we provide services for passengers with excess baggage in addition to the free baggage allowance that we provide.
Excess baggage charges are 8 TL per kilogram for one way flights and 10 TL per kilogram for transit flights.
Flight Note for Ercan Arrival / Departure Flights:
The excess baggage fee for flights to and from Ercan is 2 TL/Kg for soldiers / students and 8 TL / Kg for adult / child / infant passengers.
Sports Equipment Baggage
You can take your sports and camp equipment which are specified in the table below with you by paying the transportation fees specified for your AnadoluJet flights.
SPORTS EQUIPMENT CHARGE TABLO
Canoe, Rafting Equipment
Other sports equipment not specified
- Click here to buy Sports Equipments before goinf to the airport.
- Archery equipments are not covered by “Undefined Equipments”. You can contact with sales offices for detailed information.
- Scuba diving equipment includes: one wet suit, two fins, one mask, an empty scuba tube, one regulator, one tank harness, BCD, weight belt, one tank pressure gauge, one snorkel, one knife, and one safety vest.
- Surfboard equipment includes: one surfboard, one surfboard for windsurf, one board, one pole and one sail.
- IATA rules and conditions will be applied for other sports equipment which are not listed above.
Transportation of Special Equipment
Please click on the headings below for detailed information about transporting the medical equipment, musical instruments or equipment for babies.
- Wheelchairs are transported free of charge.
- Our aircraft have medically certified oxygen tanks. Our passengers who need these tanks need to use the supplied ones during flight.
- The tubes belonging to the passengers can only be carried in cargo compartments as registered baggage if they are empty.
- You must make your oxygen tube requests at least 24 hours before the flight. For more information, please contact our call center on 444 2 538.
- Travel with a dialysis machine is not allowed.
- Portable oxygen concentrators (POC), breathing apparatus (respirator, ventilator) and sleep apnea devices (CPAP) can be carried by the passenger in the cabin or in the cargo compartment.
- These devices must have FAA approval and EMI compliance in RTCA standards.
- Accepted respiratory device brands on AnadoluJet flights: Airsep Lifestyle, Airsep Freestyle, Inogen One, Sequal Eclipse, Respironics Evergo, Delphi Medical Systems RS-00400, Invacare XP02, Precision Medical Easy Pulse.
- You must inform about the respiratory devices 48 hours before flight. For more information, please contact our call center on 444 2 538.
- The babies cannot be carried in incubators in our flights.
Passenger on a Stretcher:
- Our passengers on stretchers cannot travel without a written medical report and an accompanying passenger with them.
- Accompanying passengers must be adults and be capable of meeting the needs of the passenger during the flight. The accompanying passenger will also be charged.
- An accompanying hostess will not be provided by AnadoluJet for the patients without a companion.
- The report to be taken from the doc- tor must include a statement that the passenger who travels with the stretcher is on the path of the disease and "this disease will not interfere with the flight".
- The report may be in Turkish or English. Reports prepared in other languages will not be accepted unless approved by the notary public.
- The report date should not be more than 10 days old.
- For more information, please contact our call center on 444 2 538.
If your musical instrument does not exceed the size of the cabin luggage (23x40x55 cm), you can carry your musical instrument as a cabin baggage with you.
If the size of your musical instrument exceeds the cabin dimensions (23x40x55 cm), you will need to purchase an extra seat so that it can be carried in the cabin. For this, the weight of the musical instrument should not exceed 75 kg and should be at most 50x50x67 cm. Larger musical instruments are carried in the cargo area.
Baby Car - Stroller etc.
Travel Bag Type Baby Carriage belonging to the passenger
- Baby carriages are considered as cabin baggage.
- The dimensions must not exceed 70x30 cm.
- Baby carriages - if the baby passenger is present - are transported free of charge.
Car type Baby Carriage
- Used for babies not older than two years old.
- For these types of carriages, there is a child fare charged for the babies being transported.
- The dimensions must be 40X40 cm.
- It should have its own securing belt.
- Baby carriages are accepted as registered baggage and transported in the cargo compartment.
- Our passengers hand over baby cars to the staff at the entrance to the cabin, and also take them back while disembarking.
- Baby strollers - if the baby passenger is present - are transported free of charge.
Dangerous and Prohibited Items
1. Weapons and Firearms
All kinds of hot firearms, all kinds of shotguns and pumped rifles, imitations of firearms and similar items, air guns, all kinds of toy weapons, hidden and camouflaged weapons (lighters and pen weapons etc.), launch weapons, weapon parts (Excluding telescopic sights and sights), ball-throwing weapons (plastic and metal), signal pistols, catapults and slings, electric shockers, gun-like lighters, industrial bolts, nails and harpoons, bow and arrows, animal stunning equipment, paint Throwing weapons, mushroom guns and capsules.
2. Pointed / Sharp Pointed Weapons and Items
Diving equipment (diving knife), axes and types, arrows and darts, spears, hornets, harpoon, hooks, ice axes, rows, throwing stars, wedge, dagger, attack, snap and butterfly knives, sword, saber, kasutura, pointed and arrowed knife, Knife and razor blade, metal cutter, sewing needle, knife, multipurpose knife, nail scissors (larger than 6 cm), scissors (pointed and bigger than 6 cm) Corkscrews, mountaineering materials (crampons, cutters, hammers, ice axes, etc.), ski walking and climbing canes, rasp (greater than 6 cm), skewer, pointed umbrella, model knife, martial arts, All kinds of materials used in defense (long sticks, swords, telescopic coils, knuckles, knobs, knobs, knobs or chains, swollen canes etc.), ice skates, pen knives, hunting knives, all kinds of carpentry tools ), Medical cutting tools (scalpel, scalpel etc.), hypodermic needles (portable when it is proved to be medical), cordless screwdrivers and drills and tips, electric saw, tip 6 cm ' Den large all kinds of knives (including rotary knives and ceramic knives).
3. Explosives and Flammable Substances
Explosive and explosive systems (including their imitations), detonators and wicks, dynamite and real imitations, fireworks, hand bombs and real-like imitations, plastic explosives, mine gunpowder and other military explosives, ammunition and ammunition, flammable liquids , Spray lacquers, thinner and turpentine, gas and gas cylinders (excess oxygen, propane gas, butane gas, acetone), lighter fluids and gases, torch flaming lighters (only in the USA), gasoline, diesel, alcohol, ethanol, (Cologne etc.), smoke-emitting products (fog bombs etc.), alcoholic beverages (alcoholic beverages, etc.), simulated flammable materials, any unsafe match (matchable on all surfaces)
4. Sharp and non-pointed materials
All kinds of sticks (golf, cricket, baseball, hockey, lacrosse sticks), paddles (canoes etc.), handcuffs, all kinds of cues (billiards), skateboards, fishing equipment and fishing tackle, bludgeons and sticks (in accordance with the passenger profile, these kind of equipment may be allowed after being scanned), skis, tether, rope, steel rope, all kinds of surf boards.
5. Chemical Biological Nuclear (NBC) and Toxic Substances
Acids and liquid batteries, radioactive substances (except those used in health care), dry ice (more than 2 kg), sparkling substances, fire extinguishers, dog-repelling sprayers, poisons and pesticides (pesticides, rat poison, etc.) (VHFs that cause high fever such as mustard gas, sarin, anthrax, flower, cyanide, tularemia, botulism, Ebola, Marburg), crippling and biohazardous substances (microbial blood, bacteria and viruses) (Cesium and gases in the form of key chains), solvents, abrasives and detergents (irritants such as chlorine, bleach, saline etc.), pressurized gas cylinders, oxygen cylinders (chemical oxygen generators, diving tubes), heat-producing vehicles, all kinds of liquids (gel, toothpaste, lotion, solid / liquid mixtures, perfume, shaving Foams, aerosols, hair jellies, drinks, soups, syrups, etc.)if they do not exceed 100 ml in volume and not containing one liter of transparent, openable and closable plastic bag Items Prohibited to be Transported in Aircraft Hold Baggage
Detonators and wicks, all kinds of explosive and explosive systems, fireworks, signal flares, mines and military explosives, hand bombs, fireworks, high risk flammable and sparkler, smoky equipment, chemical biological nuclear (nbc) substances (Except for medical purposes).
Firearms Transportation Service
20 TRY carriage fee will be requested from domestic passengers (except passengers on the exemption list) who will carry registered firearm, weapon and/or ammunition on Turkish Airlines and AnadoluJet flights starting from March 1, 2018.
Within this context;
- Passengers who will travel with their firearms must submit their weapons to “Weapon Delivery Point” located at the airport as a first step.
- After submitting the firearm, passenger must go to counter for check-in transactions by taking delivery card and a copy of firearms delivery record from the authorized personnel at the delivery point.
- Counter staff will accept payment (unless passenger is exempted from carriage fee) by credit card or cash after examining the necessary information*.
- After payment and check-in transactions, passenger must complete all transactions before flight by going “Weapon Delivery Point” with the luggage tag.
*Passengers can also make the payment on our sales offices. Passengers who will make payment on sales offices must go to counter for check-in transactions.
Passengers on the Exemption List:
- On the condition of submitting valid identity card and firearms license during the flight registration process at check-in counter
- VIP passengers on the top government officials list
- Personnel who are authorized according to 5188 numbered Law on Private Security Services Provisions or permanent civil servants assigned with guardianship duty travelling with VIP passengers
- Holders of ‘Civil Servant Carrier License’ (Green Color)
- Holders of ‘Retired Civil Servant Carrier License’ (Blue Color)
- ID Card submitted members of Turkish Security of Turkish Armed Forces
- One fee will be collected from the passengers who will travel on connecting flights unless connection stopover is longer than 24 hours or receiving weapon back at the stopover point.
- Fee will be collected separately from each firearm (including ammunition).
- Weapon fee will be collected independently from ticket fee on every starting point.
- Fee will not be refunded to passengers except on flight disruptions such as flight cancellations.
Please click on the topics below to get detailed information about the things you need to do about the baggage delays that may occasionally happen.
Please click here to report a luggage delay and to follow up your notification.
You must apply to the Lost and Found Items Office before leaving the arrival hall, with the following documentation, if your luggage did not arrive to the airport:
- Your travel ticket,
- Luggage tag,
The "Lost Baggage Report (PIR)" will be issued here for your baggage and the baggage will be investigated via the World Tracer system, with over 2.200 member airports.
Your baggage will be delivered to you free of charge as soon as possible.
The investigation of lost baggage is under the responsibility of the Lost and Found Items Offices at the airport for the first five days. However, if the baggage is not available within the first five days, the file of the missing baggage will be sent to the Baggage Services Administration together with the following documents.
- PIR (Lost Luggage Report),
- Luggage tag,
- Travel ticket,
- Luggage Identification Form
If the detailed investigations to be carried out here are also negative, the lost baggage file is evaluated for compensation.
You must apply to the Lost and Found Items Office with the following documents before leaving the arrival hall for the type of damage that will be immediately noticed at the moment of damage to the baggage (broken wheels or handles, tears, missing items, etc.)
- Travel ticket,
- Luggage tag,
- Repair Fee (In case of damage),
- Photo (In case of damage),
- Purchase Fee (if applicable),
Here a report of damaged baggage and / or missing items for your baggage will be issued
You must apply in person or in writing within 7 days of your travel date for unrecognized damage and lost items
If you have received your baggage late, you can apply to AnadoluJet either personally or in writing, along with the documentation of the expense you have made until the delivery of your baggage. You have to do your application within 21 days from the date of receipt of the baggage.
Click here to contact us regarding baggage problems.
- Forgotten items on AnadoluJet planes, CIP lounges and counters are recorded. Click here to find out about the girl you forgot.
- Turkish Airlines is not responsible for the forgotten items on board while under the passenger’s liability.
- Turkish Airlines accepts no liability for passengers who cannot present a baggage tag issued on their behalf. Please be sure to fill out the name tag given to you during check-in and put it on your luggage.
Airports with Customs Control and Duty Free Airports
|Airports with Customs Control||Airports Without Customs Control|
|Airports with Customs Control||Airports Without Customs Control|
|Adana (ADA)||Adıyaman (ADF)|
|Antalya (AYT)||Ağrı (AJI)|
|Ankara (ESB)||Eskişehir (AOE)|
|Bodrum (BJV)||Batman (BAL)|
|Dalaman (DLM)||Bursa (YEI)|
|Denizli (DNZ))||Bingöl (BGG)|
|Diyarbakır (DIY)||Çanakkale (CKZ)|
|Elazığ (EZS)||Edremit (EDO)|
|Erzurum (ERZ)||Iğdır (IGD)|
|Gaziantep (GZT)||Van (VAN)|
|Hatay (HTY)||Adıyaman (ADF)|
|İstanbul (IST)||Kahramanmaraş (KCM)|
|İzmir (ADB)||Sivas (VAS)|
|Kayseri (ASR)||Şanlıurfa (GNY)|
|Konya (KYA)||Hatay (HTY)|
|Malatya (MLX)||Hopa (XHQ)|
|Samsun (SZF)||Isparta (ISE)|
|Sabiha Gökçen (SAW)||Kocaeli (KCO)|
|Şanlıurfa (GNY)||Kahramanmaraş (KCM)|
|Sivas (VAS)||Kars (KSY)|
|Trabzon (TZX)||Kastamonu (KFS)|
|Erzincan (ERC)||Mardin (MQM)|
|Alanya (GZP)||Muş (MSR)|
|Kütahya (KZR)||Merzifon (MZH)|
For the Passengers who will come from abroad and continue their domestic flights with a transit flight; If the final destination is a city with customs control, it is necessary to go to the domestic terminal at the first entry point to Turkey by completing passport transactions but without getting their baggage.
Example: Nicosia / Ankara / Istanbul
For the passengers who will come from abroad and continue their domestic flights with transit flight; If the final destination is a duty-free city, they will take their baggage after completing their passport transaction at the first entry point to Turkey.
* Passengers, the first entry point to Turkey is ANKARA after leaving their baggage to the domestic transfer desk,
Example: Nicosia / Ankara / Kars
1. This rule applies if all flights are actualized through AnadoluJet flights.
2. Passengers who do not have a boarding pass for continuing flights should go to the check-in counter on the domestic routes.