The protection of Your personal data is very important to Us and We want You to feel comfortable when visiting the web site or/and mobile apps (hereinafter to be referred to as “Online Channels”). Our biggest concern is the protection of Your privacy when processing personal data and We monitor this very closely in any business operations. We take Our responsibilities regarding the protection of personal information very seriously. We respect Your personal privacy.
Please note that if Your personally identifiable information changes, or if You no longer wish to use Our service, Wewill provide a way to correct or update Your personal information provided to Us.
Online Channels may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that We are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites not operated by Us. We encourage You to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Online Channels.
If You have any further questions or comments, contact Us using the Feedback Form page.
We need Your assistance to ensure that Your personal data is current, complete, and accurate. Please inform Us of changes to Your personal data by contacting Us and submit Your updated particulars to Us in writing.
We may also request personal data updates from You time to time. It is important to ensure that the personal data contained in Your booking information or flight itinerary is current, complete, and accurate.
When Do We Collect Personal Information About You?
We collect personal information about You when You use Our services (whether directly provided by Usor by another company or agent), when You travel with Us, and when You use the Online Channels, including:
- When You book or search for a flight or other products or services on the Online Channels.
- When You use any services on the Online Channels (check-in, flight status, etc.).
- When You book or search for a flight or other products or services through Our other sales channels, such as through a travel agent.
- If You join the loyalty schemes (i.e. Miles&Smiles, Turkish Corporate Club, Jetgenç) or Our other loyalty schemes or customer programs.
- When You contact Our call centers or service agents.
- When You travel with Us and use airports where We operate.
- When the Online Channels crash and Your transaction fails due to some error.
- If You use Our lounge facilities.
- If You use Our in-flight entertainment and communication services.
- If You complete a customer survey or provide Us with feedback.
- If You enter a competition or register for a promotion.
- If You choose to interact with Us via social media such as Facebook or Twitter.
In addition, We may receive personal information about You from third parties, such as:
- Companies contracted by Us to provide services to You.
- Companies involved in Your travel plans, including airlines involved in Your prior or onward journey, relevant airport operators, and customs and immigration authorities, etc.
- Companies (e.g. car hire providers and hotels) that participate in Our loyalty schemes and other customer programs.
Why Do We Need Your Personal Information?
When You use services provided on the Online Channels, You will be asked to provide certain information such as Your name, contact details, and/or debit/credit card details. We will store this information and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this information in the following ways:
- To fulfill Our agreement with You, including processing Your flight, sending You Your itinerary, or contacting You if there is a problem with Your reservation.
- To administer any contest or other promotional offer You may enter and notify winners.
- To answer any queries which You may send Us by email.
- To conduct customer satisfaction surveys so that We can provide You more efficient service.
- To meet Our legal compliance obligations.
- For crime prevention and detection.
- To improve Our services.
- To personalize Your travel experience.
- For other direct or indirect marketing purposes. We need to know the names of all passengers traveling. If You are booking a flight on behalf of someone else, You must obtain their consent to use their personal information. We proceed on the basis that You have obtained this consent.
Who Do We Share Your Personal Information With?
Your personal information may be shared within the group of companies controlled by Our parent company.
In order to facilitate Your travel arrangements, We will often need to share Your personal information with third parties including other airlines and airport operators, customs and immigration authorities, travel agents involved in making Your travel arrangements, and Our customer loyalty partners, such as when You transfer between airlines or use a hotel. We also share Your personal information with third parties who deliver services either to You or to Us, such as companies that provide airport assistance or marketing agencies.
We do not sell personal information to third parties, and We only allow third parties outside the Turkish Airlines group to send You marketing information where We have Your permission to do so.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We are committed to ensuring the security and privacy of the personal data that customers provide. Wetake every necessary measure available for the personal data provided to avoid the risks associated with their processing in order to protect the security of personal data and, specifically, to prevent their corruption, damage, or use by unauthorized third parties.
We use technical and organizational security measures to protect the data We hold about You against accidental or deliberate manipulation, loss, deletion, or unauthorized access. Our security measures are being improved continuously as new technology develops.
We are determined to combat the threat of online identity theft. For this reason, We use a fraud detection system for payments made by credit or debit card. The system is designed to protect customers in case of loss or theft of credit or debit cards.
How Can You Keep Your Personal Information Safe and Secure?
• Keep Your booking reference confidential.
When You make a booking, You will be given a booking reference such as a PNR (Passenger Name Record) and/or a ticket number. This will appear on the email confirmation or ticket of each person in Your booking. You should keep Your booking reference confidential at all times.
Giving Your booking reference to others may allow them to access Your booking details through Oursystem. If You are traveling with others and would not like Your individual booking details to be accessible by them, You may prefer to have each person make separate bookings, to be paid for individually.
• Keep Your loyalty scheme details (i.e. Miles&Smiles number/Registered Customer log-in details or Jetgenç member information) confidential.
To make sure Your access to the Online Channels is secure, We recommend that customers avoid communicating passwords to others. When You finish using the Online Channels and/or social media accounts (especially if these accounts are linked together) You should log out if others are able to access Your computer or device, and especially when using a public device to access the web. This way, other users will not be able to access Your personal data.
• Be aware of and protect yourself against Internet fraud and “phishing.”
There is an Internet fraud practice known as "phishing" which is the illegal gathering of personal information by deception. Unsolicited emails are sent to individuals from lists illegally gathered by a third party, and recipients are asked to enter or reconfirm bank or password details into a "cloned" or illegal copy web site.
• For Your protection, please be aware of the following guidance:
You will only be asked for Your card payment details if You wish to change or claim a refund of Yourbooking on the Online Channels. We require this information specifically in relation to Your booking. OurCustomer Relations team might ask for Your bank details if they are going to credit Your account directly, after You have raised a claim with Us.
This type of cookie is necessary so that the online channels functions properly. These cookies ensure that the online channels can be visited and its features can be utilized. Session cookies are used to transfer information between the various pages of the online channels and to avoid users having to enter information multiple times.
Use of these cookies allows the owner of the page to gather information, such as the frequency of visits to pages, related error messages (if available), the time users spend on the pages, and how they navigate through the online channels. This information can be used to improve the performance of the online channels.
These cookies recognize selections made by the user (selected city, flight date, etc.), making the user's visit to the site more convenient. They also provide users with advanced web features.
Advertisements and Third-Party Cookies
Warning: Generally, Internet browsers are predefined to accept cookies automatically. Browsers can be adjusted to block cookies or to warn the user when cookies are sent to the device. As the management of cookies may vary from browser to browser, please refer to the help menu of Your browser for further information.
You can visit www.allaboutcookies.org for detailed information about deleting and blocking cookies and for more general information on cookies.