Additional Rights Granted to Our Passengers for International Flights Due to Coronavirus
! The General Directorate of Food and Control of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry has announced that, within the scope of coronavirus (Covid-19) measures, "Entry into Turkey of exotic animals and invertebrates, amphibians, dogs, cats, ferrets, ornamental fish, reptiles, rodents, domestic rabbits and all birds from all countries and for any purpose, accompanied by passengers or transported by cargo, is suspended.”
In compliance with this directive, our rules for transporting pets on our aircraft have been amended until further notice.
We offer zero fee ticket change or change to open ticket rights for international flight tickets.
Additional rights have been granted to passengers for the international flights before the date of 31 December 2020, with a condition if the booking was made not later than 20 March 2020.
For the international flights to be operated until 31 December (31 December is included), if passengers who have made bookings not later than 20 March 2020 have a change request on travel plan;
If passengers’ travel has been rescheduled,
- they can benefit from the Zero Change Fee right and re-plan their flight without any fare difference provided that the new flight is not later than 28 February 2021.
If passengers have not yet planned their trip,
- they can benefit from the Change to Open Ticket right provided that the cancellation of the currently booked flight is made before the scheduled time of departure and new flight is not later than 28 February 2021
- Cancellation/refund requests will be handled in accordance with original fare note of the tickets.
Other terms and conditions
- A ticket change can be made for a flight in the same region as the original destination.
- Change or open ticket right requests can be made through the Turkish Airlines sales offices, call center or agencies from which the ticket was purchased.
- The right to Zero Change Fee is for one time only.
- Within the scope of the right to Change to Open Ticket, the current ticket should be cancelled before the departure time of flight.
- Open tickets can be ticketed only once without paying an additional fee.
- Flights between Turkey and Northern Cyprus (Ercan) are not considered as international flights.