Travel Restrictions on International Flights
Travel to Turkey;
|! In our stations where temperature measurement is allowed, measurement is made with non-contact temperature meters during boarding. If our passengers show symptoms such as fever, runny nose, cough, and respiratory distress above 38°C, they will not be admitted to our flights and will be directed to the relevant health institution.|
Please note that in accordance with the guidance published by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation, certain flight restrictions apply for arrivals to Turkey. Passengers are required to obey the conditions below for a healthy and safe flight.
- All passengers are required to wear masks at the airport and during the flights.
- All passengers must complete the passenger information form when arriving in Turkey.
- All passengers will undergo a medical examination and those showing symptoms will have tests performed.
- Passengers with a positive test result will take medical treatment.
The personal HES code is mandatory only for domestic flights. For details, please review our Hayat Eve Sığar page.
Last Update 28.11.2020
The Council of Ministers of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus issued directives on June 11, 2020, regarding passenger entry. Please review the notes below for a safe and healthy travel.
- It has been decided to extend the quarantine decisions until 11:59 PM, December 31, 2020.
- As of December 1, 2020, all countries evaluated in three categories (A, B and C) are combined in one category. Passengers arriving from abroad are required to have taken a PCR test with a negative result within 3 days prior to their flight, subject to 7-day quarantine and at the end of the quarantine period, they will undergo a PCR test.
- Passengers to arrive for 3 or less days until December 4, 2020 (excluding Southern Cyprus), are permitted to enter upon submitting a PCR test with a negative result within 3 days prior to their flight and a return ticket. All passengers will undergo a second PCR test at Ercan Airport and will be allowed to stay in the country without quarantine if the test result is negative. For stays over 3 days, passengers are subject to 7-day quarantine.
- Passengers to arrive for 3 or less days after December 4, 2020, can only come with charter flights and all passengers arriving with scheduled flights are subject to 7-day quarantine regardless of their duration of stay.
- Print outs of the PCR test results not submitted to health authorities at arrival or are not obtained within the last 3 days before the date of travel are not considered valid for entry into the country
- Children between 0-5 years of age (including 5) are not required to submit PCR test results.
- PCR tests should be in Turkish or English.
- Negative PCR test result documents of passengers arriving to TRNC from Turkey should have a QR code.
- In case the QR code does not exist, passengers are not permitted to enter the country and will be sent back.
- To prevent any problems, airline companies are required to check the QR codes of the PCR test results prior to boarding.
- In cases where the QR code cannot be scanned, the laboratory number on the document and the last four digits of the identification number / passport number are entered to the COVID-19 Test Results page in the e-Nabiz system to check the validity.
- QR-coded PCR test result application covers all passengers departing from Turkey. Transit passengers (including Turkish citizens) are exempt from this application.
- Passengers departing from Turkey are required to bring the print outs of the PCR test results (QR-coded) to the Ercan Airport and submit the document to the health authorities upon arrival.
Test and quarantine fees
- 7-day test and quarantine fee: TL 2,255.00
- 14-day test and quarantine fee: TL 4,110.00
Non-compliance with the specified conditions are subject to criminal proceedings initiated within the scope of the relevant articles of the Criminal Code and the Communicable Diseases Law.
You can visit the Ministry of Health News page to get updated information about Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus travel restrictions.
Travel around world
We advise you to review the travel restrictions applied by countries you are planning to travel to. Please review the travel news page provided by IATA for details. Please check the country-specific entry requirements of the country you are planning to travel to and review the passport, visa and health travel document requirements page.
The country you are traveling to may require a PCR test before your trip. You can examine the frequently asked questions about the PCR test on our what you should know during the pandemic page.
For Turkish citizens
We know you are eager to travel again and we are pleased to welcome you onboard, with an expanded number of international flights. The health and safety of our passengers is always our highest priority, and we are cooperating with the international authorities in implementing the most up-to-date hygiene protocols.
Before planning your trip, please review this page for more information on the documents required by various countries for the entry of Turkish citizens.