Travel Restrictions on International Flights
Travel to Turkey;
|! In our stations where temperature measurement is allowed, measurement is made with non-contact temperature meters during boarding. If our passengers show symptoms such as fever, runny nose, cough, and respiratory distress above 38°C, they will not be admitted to our flights and will be directed to the relevant health institution.|
Please note that in accordance with the guidance published by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation, certain flight restrictions apply for arrivals to Turkey. Passengers are required to obey the conditions below for a healthy and safe flight.
- All passengers are required to wear masks at the airport and during the flights.
- All passengers must complete the passenger information form when arriving in Turkey.
- All passengers will undergo a medical examination and those showing symptoms will have tests performed.
- Passengers with a positive test result will take medical treatment.
The personal HES code is mandatory only for domestic flights. For details, please review our Hayat Eve Sığar page.
Last Update 24.12.2020
The Council of Ministers of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus issued directives regarding passenger entry. Please review the notes below for a safe and healthy travel.
- It has been decided to extend the quarantine decisions until 11:59 PM, December 31, 2020.
- Passengers who have visited United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark and South Africa in the last 14 days are not permitted to enter. Only citizens of the TRNC are allowed to enter the country and they will be subject to a 14-day quarantine.
- As of December 1, 2020, all countries evaluated in three categories (A, B and C) are combined in one category. Passengers arriving from abroad are required to have taken a PCR test with a negative result within 3 days prior to their flight, are subject to 10-day quarantine and at the end of the quarantine period, they will undergo a PCR test.
- Passengers to arrive for 3 or less days on charter flights and all passengers arriving with scheduled flights are subject to quarantine. This application shall be valid until further notice.
- Passengers to arrive to our country between December 15, 2020 – December 24, 2020 are subject to 7-day quarantine regardless of their duration of stay.
- Print outs of the PCR test results not submitted to health authorities at arrival or are not obtained within the last 3 days before the date of travel are not considered valid for entry into the country.
- Quarantine for officials and people who have been to abroad for health purposes will be reviewed when they apply to the Ministry of Health.
- Travel agencies are required to check the HES code of the person before selling a ticket. If the HES code shows the person as 1st contact and/or COVID-19 positive, no flight ticket should be sold. If the 2nd PCR test result of the passenger performed at the entry is positive and the HES code shows the person as 1st contact and/or COVID-19 positive, companies performing the sales will be subject to criminal proceedings initiated within the scope of the relevant articles of the Criminal Code and the Communicable Diseases Law.
- Children between 0-5 years of age (including 5) are not required to submit PCR test results.
- PCR tests should be in Turkish or English.
- NHS test results of passengers arriving from UK will be admitted at the entry. If the passenger was unable to print the test result, the text message sent by NHS will be accepted. All COVID-19 tests conducted by the universities in UK where the students who are TRNC citizens are studying in are valid. This application is valid only for UK.
- Negative PCR test result documents of passengers arriving to TRNC from Turkey should have a QR code.
- In case the QR code does not exist, passengers are not permitted to enter the country and will be sent back.
- To prevent any problems, airline companies are required to check the QR codes of the PCR test results prior to boarding.
- In cases where the QR code cannot be scanned, the laboratory number on the document and the last four digits of the identification number / passport number are entered to the COVID-19 Test Results page in the e-Nabiz system to check the validity.
- QR-coded PCR test result application covers all passengers departing from Turkey. Transit passengers (including Turkish citizens) are exempt from this application.
- Passengers departing from Turkey are required to bring the print outs of the PCR test results (QR-coded) to the Ercan Airport and submit the document to the health authorities upon arrival.
- PCR test results obtained in the last 3 days from TRNC are valid for TRNC citizens who came to Turkey for a short visit on their return to TRNC. These passengers are subject to a 10-day quarantine.
Test and quarantine fees
All test and quarantine fees, whether they are TRNC citizens or not, are paid by the passengers. To enter to TRNC, passengers are first required to transfer the amount to one of the bank accounts specified below and are allowed to fly upon submitting the receipt. Airline companies will not permit passengers on-board if they fail to present a receipt.
For passengers below, the quarantine and PCR test fees are paid by TRNC.
- Patients and accompanying persons transferred to Turkey for treatment by the decision of the Heath Board
- TRNC citizens studying abroad – university and Master’s students University and Master’s students studying in TRNC
If several people stay in the same room, the quarantine fee for the first person is 3050 TRY, and the quarantine fee for the others is 1400 TRY per person.These applications are valid between December 8, 2020 (inclusive) and December 23, 2020 (inclusive)
Bank Account details and IBAN numbers
Account holder: TRNC Ministry of Finance
Address of the Account Holder: TRNC Ministry of Finance, Nicosia, TRNC
Bank Address: Şht. Mustafa Ahmet Ruso Sokak no: 11 Küçük Kaymaklı, Nicosia, TRNC
Name of the Bank: T.R. Ziraat Bank
Amount to be transferred:
Account No: 40298710-5001
Account No: 40300032-5001
Account No: 40298710-5002
Account No: 40298710-5004
Non-compliance with the specified conditions are subject to criminal proceedings initiated within the scope of the relevant articles of the Criminal Code and the Communicable Diseases Law.
You can visit the Ministry of Health News page to get updated information about Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus travel restrictions.
Travel around world
We advise you to review the travel restrictions applied by countries you are planning to travel to. Please review the travel news page provided by IATA for details. Please check the country-specific entry requirements of the country you are planning to travel to and review the passport, visa and health travel document requirements page.
The country you are traveling to may require a PCR test before your trip. You can examine the frequently asked questions about the PCR test on our what you should know during the pandemic page.
For Turkish citizens
We know you are eager to travel again and we are pleased to welcome you onboard, with an expanded number of international flights. The health and safety of our passengers is always our highest priority, and we are cooperating with the international authorities in implementing the most up-to-date hygiene protocols.
Before planning your trip, please review this page for more information on the documents required by various countries for the entry of Turkish citizens.