Mandatory ‘Life Fits Home’ (HES) Code Implementation for Flights
What is the HES Code?
In the scope of efforts to ensure that the Covid-19 pandemic is kept under control; “HES code” is a 10-digit alphanumeric code which will be used to inform passengers who will not be accepted to domestic flights according to the criteria set by the Ministry of Health, before arriving at the airport in order to prevent and mitigate the spread of the virus causing the disease.
How do I obtain the HES code?
You can obtain your personal HES code via the Hayat Eve Sığar mobile app or by sending a text message to 2023 that includes the following with single space between each: HES, TR ID No, the last four digits of the serial number on your ID and the number of days for which HES code is requested to remain valid (Example: HES 12345678901 5376 30).
When will I enter the HES Code during booking operations?
During booking operations after the passenger info is filled in, you must enter your HES code separately for each passenger in the relevant fields on the page shown below. Also, HES code may be requested during your check-in and other ticket transactions for each passenger as a re-verification.
Important Notes Regarding the HES Code
- HES code is necessity on all domestic flights for citizens of the Republic of Turkey.
- Your HES code is valid for all domestic flights.
- The HES code does not replace the 'Travel Permit Document'.
- HES codes are checked 24 hours prior to the flight and passengers are informed about their flight status. Passenger(s) whose travel has not been approved by the Ministry of Health will not be accepted to the flight.
- The HES code has a validity period. This period, which is determined during the obtainment of the code, must be valid for at least 7 days more than the date of the return flight, otherwise your reservation will not be confirmed.
- There is no need to get HES code for infant passengers.
- If some of the passengers in the same PNR are not given HES code approval, the relevant restriction will apply to that passenger(s) only. Passengers who are in the same PNR and have an approved HES code can attend the flight(s).
- If your existing HES code has expired, you can re-obtain it via the channels mentioned above.
Frequently Asked Questions for HES Code
How do I get my HES code?
You can get your personal code via the Hayat Eve Sığar mobile app, the e-Government portal or by sending a text message to 2023 that includes the following: HES, TR ID No, the last four digits of the serial number on your ID card and the number of days for which HES code should remain valid ensuring that there is a single space between all (Example: HES 12345678901 5376 30).
Does my HES code have an expiry?
Your HES code is valid for a specified period of time. Please ensure that the expiry of your HES code is after the date of your flight.
May I board a flight without a HES code?
The HES code is used to protect passengers and ensure that all flights are as safe as possible. Passengers without a valid HES code will not be permitted to board domestic flights and international flights from Turkey.
Is the HES code mandatory for international flights?
HES code is not mandatory for international flights.
Is the HES code mandatory for domestic flights with connecting international flights?
The HES code is not mandatory for domestic flights with connecting international flights at the moment. We will continue to keep our passengers informed regarding international flights per directives by the Ministry of Health.
Can I get a new HES code if mine expires?
Yes, you can get a new HES code by performing the process again.
What should I do if one of the passengers in my reservation number (PNR) has not eligible for the flight HES code status?
Passengers under the same PNR with a passenger whose status is not eligible for the flight may still board the flight. You can change the ticket of the passenger who is in the not eligible for the flight, or the tickets of other passengers under the same PNR, to an open ticket by accessing the coronavirus related requests page.