Information About The Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) And The Measures Taken
We have taken extra measures since the beginning of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic in order to minimize both its effects and spreading. Our foremost priority being the safety and well-being of our passengers, we are monitoring the latest developments regarding the coronavirus and working closely with national and international health and aviation authorities.
OUR CREW – YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY
We have taken all the necessary measures since the outbreak of COVID-19 cases to ensure the safety of both you, our passengers, and our crew. In this regard;
- All our staff has been briefed in detail about the necessary measures and what has to be done against the current outbreak.
- Our flight crew flying internationally undergo a medical examination, if needed.
- In accordance with the decisions taken by the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health Science Committee, all our staff serving on domestic flights, use personal protective equipment and hand disinfectants, if needed.
- Our aircraft undergo an extensive cleaning process upon completing their flight, in accordance with the guidelines of national and international civil aviation authorities.
- Before the entrance of standard cleaning staff, a special hygiene staff of four people cleans the aircraft in detail with disinfectants.
- The surfaces our passengers come into contact with such as tray tables, seatbelt buckles and overhead bins are cleaned thoroughly with strong disinfectants using microfiber clothes in different colors.
- In case of a suspected sick passenger on board, our aircraft undergo a disinfection process with substances approved by the World Health Organization and aircraft manufacturers.
- Following the COVID-19 outbreak, the number of masks, disposable gloves and disinfectants in our aircraft has been increased.
- In compliance with the related procedures, our crews observe passengers while welcoming them onboard and throughout the flight.
- The cabin air is constantly cleaned during the flight by the hospital-grade High-efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters. This filtration system periodically and completely refreshes the air during the flight.
- All the shuttles transferring our passengers to the aircraft are cleaned with disinfectants.
INFLIGHT PASSENGER ITEMS
- All blankets, linens and headrest covers are cleaned and replaced with fresh sets for each flight. Regarding the cleaning process;
a. Textiles are cleaned with special chlorine and allergen free chemicals at the optimum pH levels approved by international authorities for textiles to be reused.
b. All hygienic and cleaned textiles are folded zero-touched and packaged by automatic machinery.
You can find detailed information about the virus in the following links:
- Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health: https://hsgm.saglik.gov.tr/tr/bulasici-hastaliklar/2019-n-cov.html
- World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- IATA: https://www.iata.org/en/programs/covid-19-resources-guidelines/covid-gov-mitigation/
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)?
What is the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Coronaviruses are the viruses that mostly cause mild conditions like cold, and sometimes cause serious infections such as lower respiratory diseases.
- COVID-19 disease is a novel coronavirus that has not been seen in humans before. It was first seen in the city of Wuhan in Hubei province of China on December 31, 2019, and has spread to other countries around the world in a short period of time.
How does one get infected with the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Coronaviruses can spread through both animals and humans.
- The virus can spread through aerosols and secretions of infected people coughing and sneezing, and through the surfaces infected people have contacted with (contacts with the eye, mouth and nasal mucosa).
- People who have shown no symptoms can still carry the virus in their respiratory tract, but the main way is through infected people.
How long is the incubation period for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- The incubation period of the virus, period between the infection of the virus and the symptoms emerging, varies between 2 to 14 days.
What are the symptoms of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- The common symptoms are fever, coughing, shortness of breath and respiratory distress. The symptoms can include pneumonia, severe acute respiratory and renal failure.
What are the common preventive measures against the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Hand sanitization is important; hands must be washed in frequent intervals. Hands must be washed with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; and if soap and water are not available, you should use a hand sanitizer. There is no need to use antiseptic soaps, a normal soap will be enough.
- Close contact with people who are sick must be avoided.
- Touching eyes, nose, and mouth must be avoided.
- A disposable tissue must be used to cover mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing. If not available, using the inside of your elbow is effective in minimizing the spread of the virus.
- It is recommended that especially people with respiratory tract infection symptoms (fever, nasal flow, nasal blockage, sneezing, coughing, sore throat etc.) should wash their hands frequently, infected people should avoid crowded places if possible and if they must enter a crowded place, they should cover their mouth and nose, with a medical mask (surgical mask) if possible. There is no need for people who are not infected to wear a mask.
- Food safety recommendations must be taken seriously (not consuming raw milk and animal products, washing raw vegetables and fruits thoroughly before consumption etc.)
- If you have been to countries with COVID-19 cases in the last 14 days and you have fever, cough and respiratory distress, you should wear a surgical mask, consult a health facility and inform your doctor about your travel.