Protection of Personal Data Announcement for the Processing of Identity/Passport Information
Why do we process your personal data?
Your personal data is being processed in order to preparation of the necessary records and documents for carrying out flight operations in accordance with the provisions of national/international legislation, national/international aviation rules, complying with the rules determined by the civil aviation authorities, fulfilling the verbal/written instructions given by the destination country supervisors/authorities, to make relevant examinations and confirmations on travel documents of our passengers (such as passport validity, period, visa dates, residence permit etc), to keep records of these examinations, fulfillment of obligations prescribed by law such as reporting, record keeping, information providing, tax liabilities, international sanctions and other obligations, compliance with security, baggage/found goods procedures such as detecting/tracking/delivery, making transactions such as payment/compensation/transfer/membership, ensuring customer satisfaction, making necessary arrangements and provide information regarding your trip, and to receive your requests, complaints and opinions.
To whom we transfer your personal data and why?
Under certain circumstances, in accordance with above-listed purposes we may transfer your personal data that we process to third parties residing within borders or abroad, in accordance with the provisions of national and international law, particularly Article 8 and 9 of the Law. Third parties that we may transfer your data can be listed categorically as follows:
- Foreign countries that the transportation is carried out to and private and public institutions authorized by national or international legislations
- Our business partners or suppliers residing within borders or abroad
- Group companies
How do we collect your personal data?
Your personal data, can be collected at our offices, desks, check-in counters via printed documents and/or through electronic or online systems dedicated to this purpose and are processed in accordance with the provisions of national/international legislation, in particular the basic principles of Article 4 of the Law, only if one or more conditions that are stipulated under Law are present. If we obtain your identity/passport image, those records are used only limited to the purpose of fulfillment of the above-mentioned obligations and to provide information/documents to the competent public institutions, organizations and regulatory authorities in the country of destination upon their request, and these records are processed in accordance with data minimization and data security principles, and those records are deleted after the end of operational processes and legal obligations.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
As per the Law, personal data can only be processed in the presence of at least one of the conditions set forth under Articles 5 and 6 of the Law and/or required by international legislation. In this respect, as AnadoluJet, we may rely on different legal bases, including: i) it is expressly provided for by the laws, ii) the necessity to establish a contractual relationship with you and to perform our obligations under a contract (provision of airline transport services and other related services) iii) complying with obligations under national and international regulations and iv) our legitimate interests provided that such interests do not have a negative impact on our customers’ fundamental rights and freedoms.
What are your rights as data subjects?
As data subjects, you are entitled to a number of rights under Article 11 of the Law in relation to your personal data. We would like to inform you about the rights that you are entitled to and the ways you may use them. The rights you have under the Article 11 of the Law are as follows:
- Learn whether data relating you are being processed,
- Request further information if personal data relating to you have been processed,
- Learn the purpose for the processing of personal data and whether data are being processed in compliance with such purpose,
- Learn the third-party recipients to whom the data are disclosed within the country or abroad,
- Request rectification of the processed personal data which is incomplete or inaccurate and request such process to be notified to third persons to whom personal data is transferred,
- Request deletion or destruction of personal data in the event that the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which the personal data was collected, despite being processed in line with the Law and other applicable laws and request such process to be notified to third persons to whom personal data is transferred,
- Object to negative consequences that you experienced as a result of analysis of the processed personal data by solely automatic means,
- Demand compensation for the damages that you have suffered as a result of an unlawful processing operation.
The exercise of rights by the data subjects:
You can easily use your rights mentioned above and easily communicate the related requests to us via contact information below. Data subjects’ requests concerning the above-listed rights shall be concluded by us within thirty days at the latest, in accordance with the limitations provided by the Law. In principle, data subject requests shall be concluded free of charge. However, AnadoluJet reserves its right to demand a fee from the tariff specified by the Board, in case the request requires additional costs. Our Company may request certain information from the data subject in order to determine that the applicant is in fact the Data Subject, and additional questions can be directed to the applicant to clarify matters regarding the applications.
AnadoluJet is a trademark of Turkish Airlines.
Data controller and contact information:
Türk Hava Yolları A.O. Genel Yönetim Binası Yeşilköy Mah. Havaalanı Cad. No: 3/2 34149 Bakırköy/İstanbul/Türkiye, Tel: 00 90 212 463 63 63