Conditions of Contract
“All Terms and Conditions stated on the site are concerned the use of this web site and online ticket service, in case of purchase a ticket for a flight operated by Turkish Airlines or via Turkish Airlines, rules and limitations of liability mentionned in the General Conditions of Carriage (Passenger and Baggage
For international passengers
Check–in formalities at airports in Turkey begin 2 hours before and must be completed 45 minutes prior to the scheduled aircraft departure time indicated on the flights coupons. Turkish Airlines reserves the right to cancel the reserved accommodation and to refuse to carry a passenger who fails to report at the airport of departure by time shown on this ticket.
For domestic passengers
Passengers lose all their rights relating to this ticket if they have not completed check-in formalities 30 minutes prior to the scheduled aircraft departure.
Subject to the tarrifs, rules and regulations of THY and to all applicable laws, Refund will be made only to the passenger, unless another person shall have been designated as Refund Payee. THY refuses Refund when application is made later than 24 months after issuance date. Refund is made only upon surrender of the passenger coupon, all unused flight coupons and excess baggage tickets.
Applicable For Domestic Passengers Only
Notice : Pursuant to the terms and provisions of the Turkish Civil Aviation Law no.2920, the Warsaw Convention and the Hague Protocol to amend that convention shall apply to the domestic carriage hereunder and Convention and Protocol governs and ın most cases limits the liability of carrier for death or personel ınjury and in respect of loss of or damage to baggage.
Conditions Of Contract
- As used in this contract ‘ ticket’ means this passenger ticket and baggage check, of which these conditions and the Notice s form part.’’WARSAW CONVENTION’’ means the Convention For The Unification of Certain Rules Relating To International Transportation By Air, signed at Warsaw, 12 th Oct.1929 and the Protocol to amend that Convention, at The Hauge, 28 th September 1955.
- Pursuant to the Turkish Civil Aviation Law dated 14 th Oct.1983 and No.2920 the carriage hereunder is subject to this law and to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention and the Hauge Protocol to amend that Convention.
- To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing, carriage and other services performed by the carrier are subject to; (I) provisions contained in this ticket, (II) applicable fare tariffs, (III) carrier’s conditions of carriage and related rules which are made part hereof.
- Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall also apply to and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representatives of the carrier.
- Checked baggage will be delivered to the person presenting the baggage check and baggage identification card. In case of damage to baggage,Notice must be made in writing to carrier forthwith after discovery of damage and, at the latest, within 7 days from receipt; in case of delay ,Notice must be made within 21 days from date the baggage was delivered.
- Open dated tickets are valid for one year from the date of issue. After payment of the ticket has been made, fare increases made up to the flight date will not apply to this ticket. However any change in taxes, fees and charges will be subject to additional payment or Refund .
- Carrier reserves the right to refuse carriage to any person who has acquired a ticket in violation of applicable laws or carrier’s fare tariffs, rules or regulations.
- Carrier undertakes to use all reasonable efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Carrier, on unexpected circumstances or on the cases not resulting from its fault, may, if possible with prior Notice , change times shown in timetables or elsewhere, may alter omit stopping places shown on the ticket or may substitute alternate carriers or aircraft.
- No agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.
- Refund : Subjet to the rules applicable to the tickete; full, partial or no Refund is made. No Refund is made after the scheduled departure time.
- Alterations or cancellation of reservation: Subject to the rules applicable to the ticket, alteration or cancellation requests can be accepted by charging a fee or rejceted. No alteration or cancellation request is accepted after scheduled departure time .
Pursuant to the terms and provision of the TURKISH CIVIL AVIATION LAW; Passengers are obliged to comply with the terms and provision of this Law, International agreements in which Turkey is a party, airport authorities’ and the carrier’s regulations, and must avoid any acts and conducts that will lead to disturbance of discipline of the carriage and violation of security of persons and property.
If the passenger’s journey involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure the Warsaw Convention may be applicable and the Convention governs and in most cases limits the liability of carriers for death or personel injury and in respect of loss of or damage to baggage. See also Notice s headed “Advice To International Passengers On Limitation Of Liability” and “Notice Of Baggage Liability Limitations”
Conditions Of Contract
- As used in this contract “ticket” means this passenger ticket and baggage check, or this itinerary/-receipt if applicable, in the case of an electronic ticket, of which these conditions and the Notice s form part, ”carriage” is equivalent to “transportation”, “carrier “ means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage, “electronic ticket” means the itinerary /Receipt issued by or on behalf of carrier ,the Electronic Coupons and, if applicable, a boarding document.“WARSAW CONVENTION” means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw,12 th October 1929, or that convention as amended at The Hauge, 28 th September 1955. Whichever may be applicable.
- Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention unless such carriage is not “international carriage” as defined by that Convention.
- To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to: (I) provisions contained in the ticket, (ii) applicable tariffs, (iii) carrier’s conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier),except in transportation between a place in the United States or Canada and any place outside thereof to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.
- Carrier’s name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, regulations or timetables; carrier’s address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carrier’s name in the ticket; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in carrier’s timetables as scheduled stopping places on the passenger’s route; carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
- An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its agent.
- Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants, representatives.
- Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check. In case of damage to baggage moving in international transportation complaint must be made in writing to carrier forthwith after discovery of damage and, at the latest, within 7 days from receipt; in case of delay, complaint must be made within 21 days from the date the baggage was delivered. See tariffs or conditions of carriage regarding non-international transportation.
- This ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided in this ticket, in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage or related regulations. After payment of the ticket has been made, fare increases may up to the flight date will not apply to this ticket. However, any change in taxes, fees and charges will be subject to additional payment or Refund .
- Carrier undertakes to use all reasonable efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier, if possible, with prior Notice may substitute alernate carrierrs or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules if possible with Notice are subject to change. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections.
- Passenger shall comply with Goverment travel requirement, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.
- No agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.
Carrier reserves the right to refuse carriage to any person who has acquired a ticket in violation of applicable law or carrier’s tarriffs, rules or regulations. Subject to tariff regulationas .
Advice To International Passengers On Limitation Of Liability
Passengers on a journey involving an ultimate destination or a stop in a country other than the country of origin are advised that the provisions of a treaty known as the Warsaw Convention may be applicable to the entire journey, including any portion entirely within the country of origin or destination. For such passengers on a journey to, from or with an agreed stopping place in the United States of America, the convention and special contracts of carriage embodied in applicable tariffs provide that the liability of certain carriers, parties to such special contracts, for death of or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to proven damages not to exceed USD 75,000 per passenger, and that this liability up to such limit shall not depend on negligence on the part of the carrier. For such passengers travelling by a carrier not a party to such special contracts or on a journey not to , from, or having an agreed stopping place in the United States of America, liability of the carrier for death or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to approximately USD 10,000 or USD 20,000.
The names of carriers, parties to such special contracts, are available at all ticket offices of such carriers and may be examined on request.
Additional protection can usually be obtained by purchasing insurance from a private company. Such insurance is not affected by any limitation of the carrier’s liability under the Warsaw Convention or such special contracts of carriage. For further information please consult your airline or insurance company representative.
*Note: The limit of liaibility of USD 75,000 above is inclusive of legal fees and costs except that in case of a claim brought in a state where provision is made for separate award of legal fees and costs, the limit shall be the sum of USD 58,000 exclusive of legal fees and costs.
Notice Of Baggage Liability Limitations
Liability for loss, delay, or damage to baggage is limited unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. For most international travel (including domestic portions of international journeys) the liability limit is approximately USD 9.07 per pound (USD 20.00 per kilo) for checked baggage and USD 400.00 per passenger for unchecked baggage. For travel wholly between U.S. points, Federal rules require any limit on an airline’s baggage liability to be at least USD 2.500.00 per passenger. Excess valuation may be declared on certain types of articles. Some carriers assume no liability for fragile, valuable or perishable articles. Further information may be obtained from the carrier.
Konvansiyonun uygulandığı tüm milletlerarası taşımalarda, İtalyan Mahkemesi nezdinde görülecek olan tüm davalarda yolcu ölümü veya yaralanması halleri için sorumluluk sınırı beher yolcu için Uluslararası Para Fonu’nca tanımlanan yüzbin (100.000) Özel Çekme Hakkı olacak, bu meblağ milli paraya Uluslararası Para Fonu’nca uygulanan değerlendirme usulüne göre çevrilecektir.
For all international carriage to which the Convention applies,in any action brought before an Italian Court the limit of liability for each passenger for death or personal injury shall be one hundred thousand (100.000) special drawing rights as defined by the International Monetary Fund, to be converted into national currency in accordance with the method of valuation applied by the International Monetary Fund.
Notice Of Government Imposed Taxes, Fees And Charges
The price of this ticket may include taxes, fees and charges which are imposed on air transportation by government authorities. These taxes, fees and charges, which may represent a significant portion of the cost of air travel, are either included in the fare, or shown separately in the “TAX/FEE/CHARGE” box(es) of this ticket.You may also be required to pay taxes, fees and charges not already collected.
Articles such as the following shall not be carried in passenger’s bagage :
- Briefcases and security type attaché cases with installed alarm devices; or incorporative lithium batteries and/or pyrotechnic material;
- Explosives,munitions,fireworks and flares;
- Gases (flammable, non-flammable, deeply refrigerated and poisonous) such as camping gas and aerosols;
- Flammable liquids such as lighter fuels, paints and thinner;
- Flammable solids, such as matches and articles which are easily ignited; substances liable to spontaneous combustion; substances which on contact with water emit flammable gases;
- Oxidizing substances (such as bleaching powder and peroxides)
- Poisonous (toxic) and infectious substances;
- Radyoactive materials;
- Corrosives (such as mercury which may be contained in thermometres, acids, alkalis and wet-cell batteries)
- Disabling devices such as mace, pepper spray, etc. containing an irritant or incapacitating substance are prohibited on the person, in checked and carry-on baggage;
- Magnetized materials and miscellaneous dangerous goods as listed in the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
Further information is available on request.
The articles illustrated here are carried free of charge over and above the free baggage allowance.
- A lady’s handbag, pocketbook or purse which is appropriate to normal traveling dress and is not being used as a container for the transportation of articles which would otherwise be regarded as bagage.
- An overcoat wrap or blanket.
- A small camera and/or a pair of binoculars.
- A reasonable amount of reading materials for the flight.
- An umbrella or walking stick
- Infant’s food for consumption in flight and infant’s carrying basket.
- A fully collapsible invalid’s wheel-chair and/or a pair of chrutches, and/or braces other prosthetic device for the passenger’s use;provided that the passenger is dependent upon them.
All other articles-including overnight bags, brief-cases, typewriters, ladies’vanity cases, large size cameras, etc-will be weighed and charged for in accordance with valid tariffs. Please do not ask our personnel to exceed these free articles in any way, as they are not authorized to comply with such a request.
Advice To Passengers On Turkish Airlines Flights Concerning Liability
With respect to carriage performed exclusively by Turkish Airlines, Turkish Airlines decide to apply voluntarily the following :If liable as Carrier for death, wounding or other bodily injury of a passenger.
- Turkish Airlines shall not invoke the limitation of liability Article 22 (1) of the Warsaw Convention as to any claim for recoverable compensatory damages arising under Article 17 of the Convention.
- Turkish Airlines shall not avail itself of any defense under Article 20 (1)of the Convention with respect to that portion of such claim which does not exceed 100.000 SDRs (Special drawing Rigth).
- Except as otherwise provided in paragraphs 1 1and 2 hereof, Turkish Airlines reserves all defenses available under the convention to such claims. With respect to third parties, the carrier also reserves all rights of recourse against any other person, including without limitations, rights of contribution and indemnity.For a complete text of all provisions applicable, please refer to Turkish Airlines’ General Conditions of Carriage of Passenger and Baggage.
- In case of death or bodily ınjury, Turkish Airlines will make advance payments to the person entitled compensation, if required to meet ımmediate economic needs,in proportion to hardship suffered.
For Your Safety
You should personally prepare your baggage, or you should observe while it is being packet.
You should pack up your baggages, after controlling all the closed packages, boxes and coverings.
Never accept any package and item for giving and taking away to others.
Reconfirmation Of Reservation
If you break your journey for more than 72 hours at any point, please reconfirm your intention of using your continuing or return reservation. To do so, please inform the airline office at the point where you intend to resume your journey at least 72 hours before departure of your flight. Failure to reconfirm may result in the cancellation of your reservation.
Denied Boarding By Overbooking For Flights
In order to minimize the effect of “no shows” and to permit seats to be used by passengers who otherwise would not be able to travel on a chosen flight, carriers may overbook flights.
Whilst carriers make every effort to provide seats for which confirmed reservations exist, seat availability is not absolutely guaranteed.
Turkish Airlines operate compensation plans for the passengers with confirmed reservations who are denied boarding because of non-availability of seats caused by overbooking. Details of these plans are available at the Turkish Airlines sales and airport offices.